Consciously Connected Breathing Exercises
Consciously connected breathing exercises are the cornerstone of the 9 Keys To Energize Your Life Purpose Program.
It will help you to grow present moment awareness and in the process, you connect to the field of infinite possibilities. (Key 1: Energize The Flow Of Infinite Possibilities)
For the duration of the 9 Keys Journey it is vital that you do these sessions twice a day...15 minutes in the morning, as soon after you wake up and 15 minutes in the evening as close to bedtime as possible.
I have explored a lot of breathing exercise, but have found that the one described by Michael Brown in his book, The Presence Process, to be the most beneficial.
Here are the guidelines to the consciously connected breathing exercises:
- Sit with your back comfortably straight and your eyes closed. You can sit cross-legged either on a cushion or conventionally on a chair. Both will work just fine.
- Try not to sit in or on your bed, because of its strong association with sleeping.
- The intent is to adopt a posture that encourages both alertness and the opportunity to forget your body.
- Ensure that you are comfortably warm
- Set your alarm for the 15 minute session.
- Connect your breathing naturally by breathing in and out without pausing. In other words, no long gaps between your breaths.
- Breathe loud enough to hear yourself
- Apply brisk effort to the in-breathe, with the out-breathe being automatic
- Make sure that the in-breathe and the out-breathe is of even duration
- Breathe in such a manner that your inhalation and exhalation are one continuous rhythmic pattern.
- Nose breathing is preferable. When your nose is blocked, use your mouth, but do not use both your nose and mouth. In other words, don’t use your mouth for inhaling and your nose for exhaling or vice versa. It causes imbalances between the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in your body.
- Synchronize your breathing with the following conscious response: I AM HERE NOW IN THIS. In other words. "I" on the in-breathe, "AM" on the out breathe, "HERE" on the in-breathe, "NOW" on the out-breathe, "IN" on the in-breathe, and "THIS" on the out-breathe, using the same words for each cycle of in-breathes and out-breathes.
- After the completion, take your attention of your breathing, sit quietly, and be unconditionally with whatever you experience.
|These sessions don’t really ask of you to “DO” anything. In fact, you are asked to do “NO-THING”|
To conclude, I would like to highlight out a couple of pointers to help you along the way:
- Your mind will give you E-VE-RY excuse NOT to do these breathing exercises. Just stay with it. Do them...no matter what. Staying with it is also an act of surrender which helps you to practice our 5th Key (De-Energize the Control Freak Inside You)
- If you struggle to keep your focus on the breathing and the conscious response, do not give up. It is fine to struggle...especially in the beginning. Your mind will wonder off. Just gently bring it back. This is not about perfection.
- The idea is not to feel better after the exercise, although that might well be what happen sometimes. The idea is to feel and experience E-VE-RY-THING that happen without judging it. Anything you experience during these sessions is valid!
- At times you will feel uncomfortable during the session, just allow that to. One of the benefits of these breathing exercises is that you deal with whatever you have suppressed for years. This is also about learning to become comfortable being uncomfortable.
And there you have it. All the best and remember...don’t look for peace and happiness during these sessions...don’t look for any other state than the ones that you experience during these breathing exercises...that WILL take you to peace.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to The Energizer. It’s a monthly e-zine, where you will receive updates and articles from this site.
Return from Breathing Exercises to The Energizer
Return from Breathing Exercises to Infinite Possibilities
Latest Articles On The-Energizer
Overcoming Addiction and Emotional Eating
Consciously Connected Breathing Exercise
Live A Life Of Non-Resistance...De-Energize The Control Freak Inside you
A Personal Values Exercise...How To Determine Your Core Values
Subscribe to our Free E-zine and receive these Gifts!Just click on the books
The Energizer...Derik Mocke
Hi, my name is Derik Mocke, The Energizer.
I like to describe myself as an energetic, purpose driven, educated, present moment, emotionally aware, fun loving professional life coach, group coach, motivator, father and marathon runner.
My life purpose is to help people, groups and companies to find their energy and zest for life.
The 9 Keys To Energize Your Life Purpose is the result of more than 20 years experience.
Come join me and find your keys to unleash your Energy & Zest for life...